A perfect chainsaw sharpener doesn’t only save your time, it saves your effort and gives you the safest experience. A dull chainsaw always makes you suffer as it doesn’t have the ability to cut straight. Using a chainsaw sharpener is easier whereas the chainsaw sharpener requires a lot of technical tactics. You have to sharpen a chainsaw manually using a chainsaw sharpener.
Solid Ways To Sharpen a Chainsaw Sharpener:
Before you want to get the sharper chainsaw experience, you need to know the ways to sharpen a chainsaw. Now, we will discuss the best ways to sharpen a chainsaw using the best chainsaw sharpener.
Things That You Will Need:
You will also need some things to use a chainsaw sharpener like a pair of gloves, chainsaw file, and eye-protecting eyes. These things are practically handy and ensure safety.
Tools That You Must Have:
Along with the chainsaw sharpening machine, you must have some necessary tools. The top plate filing angle, file down angle, side plate cutting angle, and depth gauge setting. These are just essential equipment depending on your chain types.
How Will You Set The Depth Gauge?
The perfect settings of the depth gauge settle how much deep the cutting tooth will cut. A low setting of depth gauge allows the plate to take a very small amount of wood. This will cut smoothly and cause a rare vibration sound.
But, the depth gauge set into high will cut wood deeply and aggressively. This will cause violent and high-vibrated performance in cutting the wood logs. So, it will increase the risk of kickback and may origins to chainsaw cause some unwanted strain.
You have to check the depth gauge after using 3 to 5 times what you actually sharpen the chain while using a normal wear and sometimes while you use excessive wear.
You can use the depth gauge tool and flat file for checking. So, you can set the correct height for two sections “Soft and Hard.” It refers you to cut soft, frozen, or harder wood evenly.
How To Sharpen The Chain?
Only getting the Chainsaw Sharpener isn’t enough for the outstanding experience for wood cutting. You need to know how to sharpen the chainsaw.
The best way to restore the sharpener in the correct angles is to use a filling gauge. A gauge file ensures the effective result without any angles issue even the angles are different sizes. You can do your filing work using a very little tool requirement.
All you need is to take a file gauge. How would you know when to sharpen a chainsaw machine? Well, in that case, you have to check out if there is any waste material in the saw’s blades. Dust or oil means dull performance in cutting. So, it is a better decision if you wish to sharpen your saw.
- First of all, find the shortest cutter as the shorter cutter is flexible with the different length and sizes of the saw.
- Now, you can place the filing gauge on the saw’s chain. Make sure the arrows of the filing gauge are pointing to the chain’s direction of rotation.
- When the chain is adjusted with the gauge, use the round file.
- You have to place the file at a 90 ° angle to the rollers. Now, file using your both hands.
- The file will rest on both rollers.
- Applying smooth strokes, you can file the cutting spine away from you.
- Now, you can start filing each tooth of the saw. Cutting each side of a tooth for filing means it is enough sharp. It is very important to give attention to equal length. If the cutting teeth are equal in length, it will give the best smooth filing performance.
- Loosen the vice after you are done with filing and cutting teeth on one side.
- Now, attach the gauge to the other side.
- Repeat the cutting teeth process again with the sharpener in the same way from the opposite direction.
How Many Time You Should Sharpen A Chainsaw:
A saw chain’s sharpness definitely fades away over time. It doesn’t fade away only for cutting objects which are liable to reduce the sharpness of saw’s sharpness. Sometimes, it loses its sharpness for leaving it idly for longer times. So, when you are about to use a sharpener after a longer period, make it sharpen first and use.
The chain can also become blunt if the chain against the stone. It becomes badly blunt and needs to be sharpened before you use.
You have to clean the chain after using it. A chainsaw’s chain may hold oil, dirt, and debris. You should clean it frequently. So, the sharpener will continue to work smoothly without any hassle.