Best Whittling Knife 2018
Hello there, are you looking forward to buying the best whittling knife? If you reach here at last through Google Search then you are in the right place. A perfect buying checklist for whittling knife should entail blade steel quality, handle material and much more.
In this time, whittling is the most renowned art in modern fashion. It is a time-honored pastime. Have you ever noticed that nowadays many kinds of whittling materials are well displayed in people’s sitting rooms? As each day pass, whittling becomes more popular and famous modern art.
If you’re really interested in creating whittling projects, it’s important to follow some basic rules such as; Project selecting, Wood selecting, perfect knife blade choosing and know basic whittling cuts and much more.
In the market, thousands of whittling knives are available making it more difficult to choose the perfect whittling knife. An ideal whittling knife should be of high-quality steel and take a real edge with re-sharpening ability. It should also be durable as well as flexible to cut easily thus, with much comfort.
In this article, we will guide you on how to identify the best and perfect whittling knife, which projects are good for you as a newbie, basic whittling techniques, preferable wood choosing, whittling safety maintenance and project starting to end details guideline.
5 Best Whittling Knife List (Special)
Whittling Knife Blade Shape and Size
Whittling blades are of different types and shapes. Both the short and long blades are common but short blade is mostly perfect for whittling. Carving special blade have U-shape blade and other types of whittling blades include Detail style, Straight Gouge style, Hook style, Gouge Scorp style, Chisel style, V-Scrop style are most using whittling blade shape.
Different types of blades are required for special tasks to be done perfectly such as Carving special, Sliding special, Spoon special and Round special. These are kind of special blades used in fixed projects. In-order to do different kinds of whittling cuts; you’ll need special blade shape. Therefore, as a person who loves whittling, you should collect all required blade shape.
Whitting Knife Size:
All the blades must be Rozar sharp and pre sharpened. Small size blades are the most used whittling tools. Blade thickness is pretty low and moves one side to another easily when working with control. Most whittlers prefer buying a small sized whittling knife because it perfectly fit in their hand and has a strong grip.
A good whittling knife should be light weight, flexible size and perfect handle size to grip. Small sized blades are much easier to work with than big type blade as it works fast and can be controlled.
Whittling Knife Cost:
Whittling Knife or whittling blade cost is not so high. Apparently, most whittling knives range between $10 to $50.However, if you need an excellent high-quality knife then be ready to spend a considerable amount of money.
The cost of a whittling knife depends on blade quality, Blade materials, handle materials, ergonomic and brand values. Some kinds of whittling knife are costly; try to avoid this as a newbie. Many experts recommended that if you are a new whittler, you should at-least collect quality full lower prices knife.
Choose the Best Whittling Wood
To choose the perfect wood is another basic knowledge for newbie whittlers. There are two categories of wood used in whittling projects. These include; Softwood and Hardwood. If you are a newbie, softwood are the best choose for whittling since it’s easy to carve, dig, slide and much more.
Creating project shape mostly takes less time. But after you’ve completed learning the basics then, you can try whittling using hardwood. Always remember to avoid growth rings, knots and grains going in multiple directions. Some of the softwoods used for whittling are Basswood, Balsa, Pine, Butternut, and others.
Most Commonly used whittling wood is Basswood. In the middle Ages, Basswood was the first choose in German sculptors. Basswood whittling wood is the best choose because it’s soft and can be easily found in various sizes at your local craft store in reasonable prices.
Balsa is another kind of soft wood perfect for starting whittling projects. They are lightweight, inexpensive and of reasonable price for whittling wood. They can be found in the local craft/hobby shop in balsa pieces. Mostly used to creating model airplanes and much more.
Pine is another kind of soft wood that is soft and easy to cut. Some would say Pine is not perfect to detail hole. White and Yellow are the good choose.
Butternut is a whittling wood that is almost difficult for newbie whittlers to avoid chipping in but easy to carve. You will likely need to go to a lumber yard to get Butternut wood.
Random twigs and branches:
To make a great whittling project Twigs and branches are another kind of whittling elements. Wooden knife is another type of whittling project that’s made from Branches.
To conclude; If you are getting serious in starting a whittling project; First start by collecting whittling wood and then go ahead to learn the basic knowledge required for whittling. In the primary level, try to use soft kinds of wood and avoid any kinds of piece which have growth and knots.
To collect whittling wood go to local wood craft store or shop. If you unable find one, don’t worry. Just Click here to buy in Amazon at a reasonable price in home delivery services.
#01 Morakniv Wood Carving 120 Knife with Laminated Steel Blade
—-First look: The first look is Morakniv wood Carving 120. It is pretty well and nicely workable to see. Seeing the sharp blade with a Wood handle makes it look perfect and smooth, the best whittling pocket knife.
—–Product Feature: Product length: 230 mm(9-Inch),Product width:34 mm(1.3-Inch), Knife length:165 mm(6.49-Inch), Blade thickness:2.7 mm(0.10-Inch),Blade length:60 mm(2.36-Inch) and using Oiled birch wood handle.
– – -Blade: Morakniv 120 blade is smooth and sharp. Blade length is 60 mm (2.36-Inch) and are totally made by high carbon laminated steel. The design of Morakniv 120 keeps the blade sharp and safe fingers form knife.
—–Handle:The handle is made from wood that are almost fit to small and big hands. Uses Oiled birch woods that are much comfortable and strong grip in every hand. Can whittle any kinds of wood perfectly to do the right works.
- Made from High carbon laminated steel.
- Uses wood handle that perfectly fit all age’s hands.
- Strong wood grip to work properly.
- Move easily on one side to another when cutting
- Handle doesn’t cause blisters.
- Excellent workable knife with a reasonable price.
1. Morakniv 120 is too small.
2. Dull faster compared to others.
3. Can’t handle or work on big pics wood.
—–Final Verdict: When using Morakniv 120; you can whittle much quickly and perfectly in small pics of wood.The final word is Morakniv 120 is the most excellent whittling knife for all classes of whittling lovers. Sharper steel blade with wood hand is very comfortable, strong and of affordable price. Don’t hesitate to buy this excellent knife.
#02 Opinel Carbon Blade No8 Folding Knife
—-.First look: Opineal No8 Folding knife is a small enough pocket knife and its size is versatile for several kinds of applications. Opineal is the most renowned knives brand in Century. The first look is Opineal No8 is not only effective and practical but also beautiful and perfect whittling knife.
- Genuine Opinel knife with 3.25-inch blade.
- Carbon steel blade, hardwood handle and stainless steel locking collar
- Easy to use, foldable blade design, safe to use, locking collar prevents accidental opening or closing.
- Stamped with the famous Opinel crowned hand logo.
– – –.Blade: High-quality carbon steel blade; the blade length is 3.25” with a marable Opineal company logo in knife blade.
—–.Handle:Uses Beech wood round shape handle that looks awesome. Lightweight round shape wood handle are strong grip in every hand naturally. Not only does it have a comfortable wood handle but also show a high end product.
- Easy to carry along just like a folding knives.
- Can be used in any kinds of work purpose that you need.
- Folding blade with safe and Round wood handle.
- Affordable price to serving best performance.
- Best design and quality.
- May be some difficulties in blade opening and closing.
- Becomes narrow handle thus, putting much pressure
- Blades are usable in general purpose work without hard using.
—–.Final Verdict: Opineal No8 performs excellent when doing any kinds of needs. Nice sharp blade & strong wood hand grips in hand perfectly. Final thought is that, Opinel Carbon Blade No8 Folding Knife is one of the best whittling pocket knives. Almost excellent design, Carbon blade are most famous knife brands. Easy to use with comfortable handle and it’s of affordable price that’s awesome.
#03 Flexcut Whittlin Jack
—-.First look: Flexcut Whittlin Jack is one of the best whittling pocket knives. Flexcut Whittlin Jack is a fixed blade with Pre-sharpened and razor’s edge high carbon steel blade knife.
—–.Product Feature: Product Dimensions are; 5.9 x 8 x 0.9 inches, Shipping Weight 4.8 ounces, 2 Blade with carbon steel, Whittlin’ Jack includes a Detail Knife (1- 1/2″ long) and a Roughing Knife (2″ long).
– – -.Blade: The Blade materials of Flexcut Whittlin Jack is high carbon steel, Knife blade are pre-sharpened. Two knife blade one is 1- 1/2″ long Detail Knife and another is 2″ long Roughing Knife. Sharpen the Blade frequently to protect the knife dullness.
—–.Handle: Smart, strong and easy to grip. Aluminum handle that have a great look and lightweight carryable pocket knife. Comfortable handle design with wood and aluminum frame thus; have an awesome combination .Almost fit in every hand.
- Light weight smart pocket whittling knife.
- Easy to sharpen.
- Available in two blades; Detail and Roughing knife.
- Strong, smart and gripable aluminum handle.
- Affordable price.
- Blades are open don’t lock.
- For newbie’s; the blades are too difficult to open.
- Two Sharp blades needs to be handle with lots of precaution and carefully.
—–.Final Verdict: As a whittling knife; Flexcut Whittlin Jack can be used easily with both the newbie and expert whittlers. Light weight strong aluminum handles that almost fit in every hand. If you are looking for a mid to intermediate level carving knife; I mostly recommended that for the Flexcut Whittlin Jack. It’s a smart carryable pocket knife to carryout everywhere safe and sound.
#04 Flexcut CARVIN’ JACK RIGHT HAND
—-.First look: Flexcut CARVIN’ JACK RIGHT HAND is the six Blades folding workable excellent performing whittling knife. Its Blades are pre-sharpened, well customize functionality, Unique knife model, convenience, and most suitable for whittling lovers.
—-.Product Feature: The Carvin’ Jack is a Multi-purpose knife with a total Dimensions of; 10.3 x 6.7 x 1.8 inches with High Carbon steel. The features of six tools Carvin Jack: 3/4″ #7 sweep knife blade, 3/8″ #6 scorp, 3/8″ #11 gouge, 3/8″ #1 straight chisel, 1-3/8″ detail carving knife and 1/4″ 70Âº V scorp and the total weight is 10.2 ounces. This is a very strong, well-made, serious wood carving tool.
– – -.Blade:Looking good but the knife blade are not perfect for work that disgusting oh !!! But Carvin Jack is the most convenient High quality Blade made from High carbon Steel raw materials with portable size, and knife accessories. These six type of blade are different from each others. Blade variations are; Detail knife, Straght Gouge, Chisel, V-Scorp, Gouge Scorp and Hook knife.
—–.Handle: Carvin Jack whittling knife is designed by the highest Ergonomics performing knife handle. The handle is small and folding type; making it easy to carry along into the pocket to be used everywhere. Easy to grip handle made from wood thus, fits in every hand perfectly.
- Unique design, conveniently portable size, and accessories.
- Made from High Carbon Steel blade and are Pre-sharpened and Razor sharp
- Lightweight folding pocket knife.
- Blades smoothly open and closes.
- Uses multi tools for various purpose.
- Serving the highest value of Ergonomics
- Equipped with Leather, belt mounted pouch for safe storage
- Available in Left and Right handed models.
- Carvin Jack is not good for starting newbies.
- The Blade is smooth and sharp hence, should be used carefully.
- Its quiet hard to open the blade in the first time.
—–.Final Verdict: Flexcut CARVIN’ JACK RIGHT HAND is the most preffered wood knife. When creating a whittling knife list, Carvin Jack is the first choose for most whittling lovers. Provides an excellent work performance and show the highest Ergonomics among other knife.
In the final code is that Flexcut CARVIN’ JACK RIGHT HAND is one of the most prominent whittling knives in whittling ever. Mostly recommended due to its; lightweight folding pocket knife, multi tools and multi usage ability and it perfectly fits all hands.
—-.First look: Morakniv Wood Carving 164 Hook Knife with Carbon Steel Blade is a knife to all classes of whittling lovers. The first look of Morakniv 164 is pretty nice and perfect workable knife.
—–.Product Feature: Blade length: 2.0 inches / 50 mm, Blade thickness: 0.1 inches / 2.5 mm, Weight: 2.1 oz / 59 g and uses Oiled birch wood handle with carbon steel blade made from Sweden.
– – -.Blade:The Blade is made from a high-carbon steel and looks like a U-shape nice sharp blade. Single edged blade can easily cut, dig and chatter than others knives. Morakniv 164 is specialized for spoon and bowl carving. The blade is strong and can be used for a long time.
—–.Handle: Morakniv Brand trademark is stamped on its Wood handle. The wood handle fits perfectly and comfortable than others synthetic handles. The wood handle provides a strong grip to every hand and never causes blisters in hand.
- U shape carbon steel sharp blade is performing fast.
- Single-edged blade can easily cut, dig and spoon faster than others.
- Wood handle provides a strong grip to hand.
- Affordable price and most performing whittling knives.
- Morakniv Wood Carving 164 are Challenging for newbie.
- Very sharp blade thus, should be used carefully by users.
- After using this knife, Mineral oil can be applied to prevent rusting when in storage.
—–.Final Verdict: Morakniv Wood Carving 164 is perfect for carving wood. Strong wood handle with sharpen U shape blade are nicely worked on and move one side to another side easily. Final word is Morakniv Wood Carving 164 is best whittling pocket knife due to its work performance and quality work with excellent services.
#06 Flexcut Pocket Jack for Carvin’
—-.First look:The first look of the Flexcut Pocket Jack for Carvin is that it’s one of the best pocket whittling knife for the beginners. Multi tools design knife with different types of blade and works differently. It’s a Lightweight smart folding pocket knife that can be carried out every where without any kind of problems.
—–.Product Feature: Product are design in Multi tools types that have four kinds of Blade; Detail Knife 1- 5/8″, Straight Gouge 1- 7/8″ Long, Scorp 1- 1/16″ Long and V-Scorp 1″ Long. Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 8 x 1 inches and Shipping Weight: 3.2 ounces within U.S
– – -.Blade: The Blade materials is high carbon steel and all the blade are Pre-sharpened and Rozar sharp. The Blade shapes are; Detail, Straight Gouge, Scorp and V-Scorp types.
—–.Handle: the handles are design from the highest ergonomic design. Move easily from one hand to another hands to perform most task. It’s comfortable for both left and right handed. Strong and comfortable grip that almost fit and perfect in every hands.
- Multi tools facilities.
- Lightweight folding pocket whittling knife.
- All the Blades are Pre-sharpened and Rozar sharpen.
- Easy to lock and unlock for all the 4 tools,
- Strong grip handle and fit in every hands.
- Handle does not cause blasters.
- Blades are hard to sharpen.
- Sharp blades thus, use it carefully.
- Sometimes, the blades are hard to unlock.
—–.Final Verdict: Flexcut Pocket Jack for Carvin is suitable for both the newbie’s and expert whittlers. It provides the highest value of ergonomic and best performance in carving of whittling woods.
I mostly recommended it for beginners due to its better-functioning and safer tools thus; you’ll be able to use them more efficiently. Design in multi tools folding types having a compact frame. It has sharp blades, an awesome folding whittling pocket knife.
#07 Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 163
—-.First look: Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 163 is one of a kind whittling knife. The Mora 163 is a spoon carving Double-edged blade knife. Specialty of this knife is high quality carbon steel blade with Oiled birch wood handle. The first look is that Mora 163 is an excellent performing carving knife.
—–.Product Feature: Blade length: 2.8 inches / 70 mm , Blade thickness: 0.1 inches / 2.5 mm, Weight : 1.5 oz / 55 g Internal- Radius: 0.8-1 inch / 20-25 mm and uses Oiled birch wood handle with high quality carbon steel blade. Precision Hook Knife and Blade are made by Sweden.
– – -.Blade: Double-Edged High Carbon U-Shape steel blade that are most suitable for carving and spooning. The blade is well sharpened and smooth.
—–.Handle: Morakniv Brand trademark Oiled birth is stamped on the wood handle. Blisters free with strong grip in hand and very comfortable than other synthetic handle knife. Round type wood handle that are nicely polished and smooth.
- Made from a High carbon laminated steel.
- Blisters free useable wood handle.
- Carves and spoons much faster than others.
- Strong grip wood handle that fits all hands.
- Move one side to another side easily.
- Affordable price and get best quality of services.
- Specially for Spooning fast than others,
- Rust easily unless you use oil before it’s stored.
- Blade are too sharp hence, use careful when working.
- Not suitable for big wood working.
——Final Verdict:Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 163 are excellent performs fast and excellent when it comes to bowling and spooning .Nice smooth wood handle with high quality carbon steel blade making it perfect for whittling.
If you are mid level or expert whittlers Morakniv Wood Carving Hook Knife 163 is the ideal whittling knife for you.
#08 Flexcut 3 Knife Starter Set
—-.First look: Flexcut 3 knife starter set are design for beginners. It is starting tool for whittling. If you are a starter in whittling, I think this set is the most suitable set of tool for you. Nice hard wood handle with small sharp blade that’s awesome.
—–.Product Feature: Flexcut whittling knife set Product Dimensions 8.8 x 7.2 x 1.2 inches, Weight 7.8 ounces. Three different types variation that include; Cutting, Detail and Roughing knife.
– – -.Blade: Blade are made from hard carbon steel and all the blades are edge-holding .Other designs include; Flexcut Cutting Blade, Detail Blade and Roughing Blade thus, they are quite different from others.
—–.Handle: Flexcut Company Logo and trademark are stamped in the wood handle. The nicely polished hard wood handle are looking great and strong grip in hand thus, they perfectly fit all classes hands.
- It’s suitable for newbie.
- Made from Steel Blade with Rozar sharp.
- Different types Blade with different Specialty.
- Long wood handle that offers much Comfortable.
- Handle is honed and polished.
- Fatigue free long time workable Knife.
- Has a small blade hence, can’t work on hard wood.
- Sharp blades thus, work carefully.
—–.Final Verdict:An Excellent works performance in small whittling, Cutting. Entails three blades and is use in different expertise. In the Final word is that Flexcut 3 Knife set is a good set for newbie’s. The Cutting, Detail and Roughing blade are almost awesome. This knife is one of the popular whittling knives set in the USA made from Flexcut Company.
#09 Fury Nobility Raindrop Razor Edge Blade Folding Knife
—-.First look: The Fury Nobility Raindrop 2-Inch Razor Edge Blade Folding Knife have a curies excellent small looking knife .Since 1941, Joy Enterprises has been producing their products in USA, Europe and Asia. The high level product quality serves all around. Fury Nobility Raindrop Razor folding knife is one of the best pocket whittling knives.
—–.Product Feature: RosePakka Hardwood Handle with Stainless Pins. Build from a 440 Stainless Steel Blade, Bolster and Razor Blade Edge. Small versatile pocket knife that offers clean cuts as well as performs well in whittling. Blades are made from a very strong material known as 440 Stainless.
– – -.Blade: The knife has Razor Blade Edge and the blade materials is 440 Stainless steel which is highly recommended for whittling knife.
—–.Handle: Handle is made by RosePakka Hardwood, from a production company known as Joy Enterprises; the owner of Fury. Hardwood Stainless pins are smaller than blade with a strong grip in all types of hands. Easily moves in the hands and long lasting wood handle.
- Light weight small folding pocket knife.
- Strong blade with beautiful wood handle.
- Affordable price.
- Not easy to sharpen.
- Quite impossible for working in heavy wood.
- Quite small for some user.
- Blades are not quite sharp and gets dull quickly.
- Locking quality is not of good standard.
—–.Final Verdict: The workable Fury Nobility Raindrop Razor folding knife is best performing in lightweight wood. The final Verdict is that Fury Nobility Raindrop Razor is very affordable and it’s suitable for both the beginners and inter-level whittlers.
#10 Flexcut Detail Knife
—-.First look: The first look at Flexcut Detail Knife is that, it’s quite small with wood handle and small sharp blade. Rozor sharp is made from high carbon steel blade with ash hardwood handle to get the highest value of ergonomic. The Flexcut Detail knife is made by USA.
—–.Product Feature: Perfect Details cuts knife with ash hardwood handle in 1-1/2 inch straight edged blade .Knife Dimensions 3.5 x 8.3 x 1.2 inches and light weight 2.1 ounces Brown color knife. Blade are Razor sharp by the materials of high carbon steel blade.
– – -.Blade: The Blade material is hard carbon steel with Razor sharp. Blade are small almost 1-1/2 inch straight edged are perfect for Details cuts.
—–.Handle:Handle is bigger than the blade providing a strong grip to all kinds of hands. Hardwood ash wood handle has a string grip to fit everyone hands.
- Light weight small detailed knife.
- Easy to cutting fast.
- Ergonomic design with Hardwood handle.
- Made from High-quality hard carbon steel blade.
- Made in the USA.
- Quite small cannot do hard whittling.
- Sharp blade thus, use carefully.
—–.Final Verdict: Excellent work performance and fast to cutting. As a starter in wood whittling, Flexcut Detail Knife is the best whittling knife for you. It’s of affordable price and provide excellent service with high ergonomic.
It’s important to choose a blade that works perfect for you. Choosing Whittling knife blade often depends on what you plan to do with it. Some blades can be used to whittle softwood while others can be used to whittle both softwood and hardwood as well as other things. On instances, most blades are made from high-carbon stainless steel to serve the highest ergonomic.
Some types of knives are design with multi-purpose of tool blade. The blade variations include; Detail Knife, Straight Gouge, Chisel,V-Scorp, Gouge Scorp and Hook knife. While some of the blades are U-shape type. All blades are pre-sharpen and Rozar sharp. Good quality steel blades are durable and easy to sharpen when dull.
Whittling knife handle is the most important feature in a whittling knife. Therefore, an ideal handle should be easy to grip, and bluster-free hand as well as durable to serve for a longer duration of time.
A Comfortable and strong handle is much easier to work with. Most whittlers prefer handles made from lightweight rubber or wood handle since they easily move from one side to another side.
If your Knife blade and handle combination are good then, you’re good to go. They will be much comfortable and save you much time when whittling. Therefore, always choose the right whittling knife handle that can perfectly fit onto your handle. Get the highest ergonomic when whittling.
Basic Whittling Cuts:
Whittling is the main thing but you also need to learn the basic knowledge to complete a perfect whittling job. Apart from that, cutting is also an important element to master such as How to start cutting, cutting plan and much more. There are various cutting styles that you need to learn which include;
Straightaway Rough Cutting:
Straightaway Rough Cutting is the primary cutting outline in your project. To create long sweeping cuts; place the wood in your left hand and held the knife in the other hand. Don’t cut as deep to reduce the wood desired shape and wood size.
Push whittling Cut is another common cutting idea. It’s mostly used when starting a project and when you need to remove large portions of wood that help toward shaping an object.
When starting Push cutting; you can imagine cutting just like in an apple. Take the wood in left hand and knife on your right with the right position of the blade angle and for safety purposes, wear a thumb pad. Push cutting entails taking short and controlled strokes. When your blade becomes dull; it’s necessary to re-sharpen it quickly using sharpening stone or other knife sharpeners.
Similar to the same process as push stroke; It involves control and detail cuts. Take the wood in left hands and knife is another hand to catch strongly. Draw the knife towards you with the grain thumb of your cutting hands at the last point of wood. Just like paring an apple as a slide type.
Properly place your fingers on the wood and blade to make short and controlled stroke. Ensure safety measures by wearing a thumb guard thus, it’s a good practice.
Thumb Push Cutting:
This type of cutting style demonstrates how to control your to make delicate slices. Take the wood to your left hand and the other hands in your knife handle while grabbing the object in the last point. It’s mostly used when carving small pieces, faces, and other features.
To conclude; It requires time, patience, and practice to learn each of these whittling cutting styles.
Whittling Resources and Whittling Safety:
Whittling is a one kind of meditative works. It takes enough time to create any kinds of projects. Many kinds of confusion is gather in your mind Right? To take the best solution, there are many Books you can find in the market. All these books are suitable for both the newbie and experts whittlers.
Step by Step they perfectly describe any project in starting to the end of the whole process. They generate project ideas and provide the perfect project selection guideline.
Complete Starter Guide to Whittling:
Complete Starter Guide to Whittling book is the Best Seller book in Amazon. It entails the basic whittling guidelines like wood choosing, perfect whittling knife or tools choosing, Basic Cuts, Cutting formation, Blade and step by step guideline; all are described in this book. This book is published by the Editors of Woodcarving Illustrated told newbie friendly 24 projects.
It also include many kinds of tricks and tips, color illustration , step by step instruction from the starting to the last of 96 pages paperback. It is the perfect starting books for newbie whittlers.
Old Time Whittling
Old time Whittling is a great whittling starting book that describes easy ways to create 10 iconic classics projects, suitable for the newbie whittlers. The Book Author, Keith Randich gives a guideline in every project in step by step and detail instructions in 50 photographs and diagram.
He has also include the basic whittling cutting, perfect whittling tools, selection process, safety managements thus, all are written clearly and entertainingly for newbie friendly.
The Little Book of Whittling
Most of people says that this Whittling Book is the title bible at who are the beginners. Chris Lubkemann is the author. He gives a detail description of projects to help you chose which projects are perfect for you. He goes ahead to describe which whittling knife or blade, Which kinds of wood are mostly good, basic whittling cuts, blade sharpening and proper guide to ensure safe whittling.
104 pages whittling book is covered by Step by step colorful image or diagram, the perfect whittling ideas and How to start and How to finish whittling perfectly.
Whittling is a one kind of tough job and has some kind of risks involved. Whittling is somehow a cool, relaxing and meditative work. Don’t hurry otherwise accident will happen. Make sure to cut slowly and controlled.
Ensure that the blades are sharp since sharp-less and dull blades are the major cause of accidents. Sharpening blades is good for work and it helps you performs fast when working.
To ensure the finger safety; use some kinds of protective gear like Thumb Guard, Cut resistance Kevlar Gloves e.c.t. These kinds of protective gear always help to protect your fingers or thumb to enable one work safely and perfectly.
As a newbie, always wear a Cut resistance gloves for safety reasons; it’s the best practice. Some others recommend wearing a pair of Leather at the beginning period. At first, it’s a little cumbersome but you’ll adjust quickly.
Use Thumb Guard to protect your finger from sharp blade. It makes your working process risks free when you wear Thumb Pad. It’s not expensive but essential for every newbie or expert whittlers.
A few more safety tips for beginner whittling:
1. Whittling is a relaxing and meditative work. Start slowly and never make big cuts and Work controlled.
2. To ensure a safe whittling process. Always remember that safety comes first then work. To ensure best safety measures, always use the sharp blade for easy cuts and wear cutting protective gear.
In the Final word is that whittling is becoming more popular day by day. Due to its increasing demand, many people are starting various business projects. Proper guideline and perfect project selecting of wood materials, whittling knife, and safety maintenance have a great combination of successful projects.